I’ve been searching high and low for some kind of thesis timeline resource and have yet to find one that I like. In fact, aside from the Dissertation Calculator I told you about long ago (which I’ve tried to use but don’t really like), I haven’t found another. I realize timelines will vary depending on a student’s major, time frame, and abilities, but I feel like there has to be some kind of general timeline somewhere.
But while I haven’t found what I’ve been looking for, my exploration has lead me to several cool apps built to help students. I’ve only used Goodreads so far, but I think I might experiment with some others. Check them out below. Now they just need to make a thesis timeline app. Could someone get on that?
- Learnist – like Pinterest but for knowledge
- Notability – lets you integrate all kinds of notes (handwritten, audio, PDF, etc)
- Goodreader – a PDF reader! Take those long documents with you and read anywhere.
- Goodreads – an app and website, signing up for a free account lets you create different book shelves. A good way to catalog thesis books you want to read, have read, etc.
- Evernote – save and organize all of your ideas, anywhere.